Things to rememberHere are some things to consider with young children:
- Always hold your child's hand while they're young, and don't let them run on ahead.
- Always use a pedestrian crossing or zebra crossing if there is one.
- Set a good example, for example at pedestrian crossings wait for the green man rather than crossing on red.
- Let your child help you decide where and when it's safe to cross.
- Look out for hidden entrances or driveways across the pavement.
- Explain why they should never cross the road between parked cars.
- Make sure your child can be seen and put reflective strips on their clothing in winter.